N00B FREE ZONE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Atheist/Agnostic Talk [If Religious, Beware]

+5
Ironman2pt0
The
RevertedLogic
SteveyJennings
Dark Matter
9 posters

Go down

Atheist/Agnostic Talk [If Religious, Beware] Empty Atheist/Agnostic Talk [If Religious, Beware]

Post by Dark Matter 28th May 2008, 12:36 pm

Note: While talking about religion please do not try to directly attribute a specific religion. Unless a person who is of religion wants to discuss his or her reasoning. And if they make a good point do not retract to insults. I find it contradictory to the point and goal of what Atheist wish to achieve.

Firstly...

How many people here think religion has been around too long, caused billions of deaths for a useless cause, and has drawn a line between peoples of different cultures and segregated them and still even so today?
Dark Matter
Dark Matter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Atheist/Agnostic Talk [If Religious, Beware] Empty Re: Atheist/Agnostic Talk [If Religious, Beware]

Post by SteveyJennings 28th May 2008, 1:15 pm

Im a religious person, but I see your reasoning. I believe in God and such, but I rarely agree with the Catholc Church.
SteveyJennings
SteveyJennings

Back to top Go down

Atheist/Agnostic Talk [If Religious, Beware] Empty Re: Atheist/Agnostic Talk [If Religious, Beware]

Post by RevertedLogic 28th May 2008, 1:21 pm

Dark Matter wrote:Firstly...

How many people here think religion has been around too long, caused billions of deaths for a useless cause, and has drawn a line between peoples of different cultures and segregated them and still even so today?
I agree because, who knows, it might not exist. But I'm agnostic, so it can go either way.

Last edited by Not A Virus on 28th May 2008, 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed quote for you. -Nav)
RevertedLogic
RevertedLogic
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Matter 28th May 2008, 3:01 pm

For those who see my views as evil.

Look I do not deny the existence of god. I merely despise the idea of naming, "God" as a religion. You should be able to believe in a god but not put story's and views based behind it to take advantage of what you want or think.
Dark Matter
Dark Matter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The 28th May 2008, 7:45 pm

i think all religions are a joke
people devote way to much time and effort into worshiping some dude that was probably some dude writing about his opium hallucinations
The
The
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironman2pt0 29th May 2008, 3:09 pm

Religion is there for a mental drive. It gives people a reason to exist, some morals to abide by and something to believe in no matter what.

While I feel that I know that religion is fictional, I still respect those who believe.
Ironman2pt0
Ironman2pt0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Matter 29th May 2008, 3:40 pm

I find morals not to just reside with Religion any more.

Religion was created for a Guideline for people who had no reason to abide to them.

By making them think there is a superior being that wants them to live this way it makes them do so.

I have no respect lost for Those Who believe in a god. I lose respect when they name it something.
Dark Matter
Dark Matter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironman2pt0 29th May 2008, 4:11 pm

But everything has a name these days. Being totally random is apparently post modernism, GTA IV is a free roaming multiplayer shooter racer stop and popper RPG, apparently.

The point is that one could argue that if something is given a title then the connotations of such can lead people on. Additionally, having a single focus for all the things maintained in a religion can help with the state of mind described in my previous post.
Ironman2pt0
Ironman2pt0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Matter 29th May 2008, 8:10 pm

I do understand the frustration of naming and not naming.

But by lets say calling myself a Christian, even though I don't believe in Jesus not only is stupid but also targets myself too Muslims who dislike, "My Ways" because I am a Christian. Therefore I hate everything you love. Etc.

Again just saying, "God" or, "A God" is fine. Don't tell me you are, Buddhist, Catholic, Christian, Islamic, etc.
Dark Matter
Dark Matter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironman2pt0 30th May 2008, 5:33 am

But not all people who follow religions are that closed minded, it is the few who mar the reputation of the many.
Ironman2pt0
Ironman2pt0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Matter 30th May 2008, 6:56 am

You do not live in America. : \
Dark Matter
Dark Matter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironman2pt0 30th May 2008, 7:23 am

That's a sweeping generalisation, but I know what you mean. If their slogan is "In God we trust." then there's going to be a pretty blatant religious dominance.
Ironman2pt0
Ironman2pt0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Matter 30th May 2008, 7:42 am

And there is. You can't say Atheist without people turning their heads... If they even know what it means.
Dark Matter
Dark Matter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damaster123c 1st June 2008, 12:10 pm

I AM COMPLETLE RELIGIOUS AND I KNOW YOUR GOING TO HELL FOR WHAT YOU HAVE SAID TODAY! i belive no one should cuss or ever doing anything that would ever offend anyone else! such as spam up a forum for no apparnt reason...which i would never ever ever do! -.- cough...anyone belive me? ..... good... hahahaha cause obviously i am not religious at all.. im pretty much atheist...
Damaster123c
Damaster123c

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Matter 1st June 2008, 1:40 pm

Thanks for contributing to the discussion. >__>
Dark Matter
Dark Matter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damaster123c 1st June 2008, 4:44 pm

no problem =) anytime hahaha
Damaster123c
Damaster123c

Back to top Go down

Post by IizOnFiRe 6th June 2008, 3:32 pm

Atheist/Agnostic Talk [If Religious, Beware] Christianity

Atheist/Agnostic Talk [If Religious, Beware] Atheismmakessense

Makes perfect sense.
IizOnFiRe
IizOnFiRe
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Matter 7th June 2008, 8:03 am

I'd like to point out that the one on Atheism isn't true. lol

Just because you don't believe in a GOD, does not mean you will agree with any specific reason why the Universe was created. But that question is contradictory in itself. What if they universe was always there?

But now I am too contradicting myself because I know there is no possible answer.

PARADOX LOL
Dark Matter
Dark Matter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilAussie 20th June 2008, 6:57 am

YOU'RE ALL HEATHENS!
EvilAussie
EvilAussie
Newb

Location : Bäretswil, Kanton Zürich, Switzerland (Laugh it up)

Back to top Go down

Post by me1505 23rd June 2008, 2:20 pm

Ironman2pt0 wrote:Religion is there for a mental drive. It gives people a reason to exist, some morals to abide by and something to believe in no matter what.

While I feel that I know that religion is fictional, I still respect those who believe.

You say it gives people a reason to exist, but you don't believe in it?
Are you magically exempt from needing a reason?
Also, aout the morals, they don't come from religion, it's the other way around.
Morality evolved as a survival mechanism to allow groups to coexist and allow the growth of the species.
me1505
me1505
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum